With every furniture or item donation, we strive to only accept and then provide to our clients high quality and long lasting items. With this in mind, as we work with our donors we strive to make sure every item received is clean and without defects. This allows us to provide items our clients can be proud of. We also recognize that our donors put great faith in how we distribute the items they provide. We uphold their faith in how we use their donations by making sure they are only going to individuals or families that currently do not have, but are in great need of, each item.
We are proud to have experience working direct with commercial donors since 1986. Items are never sold to the public and go direct to furnishing hope to families in crisis.
Sharing Connections remains a grassroots 501c3 organization with over 320 annual volunteers ready to make a difference. Our current space of over 13,000 sq. ft. and three loading docks allows us to accept larger donations and quickly provide them to those in crisis - all paid for without state or federal dollars.
If you are interested in donating items to support our mission, please contact us at 630-971-0565, x222 and we will be happy to accommodate.
From our internal inventory tracking to our internal steps that prevent store returns, our in-house developed system and procedures take the trust you’ve placed in us very serious. Your donations allow us to make a huge impact through the opportunity to provide items to individuals and families. We take pride in finding these items a great home.
Commercial & bulk donations serve 1,000’s every year through Sharing Connections!
Call us today at 630-971-0565 and make a huge impact.
Items we are unable to accept through general public donations
ARE THERE ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ACCEPTED?
While we do sincerely appreciate you choosing us for your donations, due to state or federal regulations, space constraints and/or the need for us to concentrate on serving families in need of necessary home furnishings and household items, we cannot take everything. On your next visit, please ask one of our staff or volunteers for a tour to see how we use our space and donations that are provided to us by donors like you!
• Pre-owned Twin, Full, Queen or King Mattress/Box
• Sleeper Sofas
• Used Outdoor furniture/Patio furniture/wicker furniture
• Large Appliances: Refrigerators, Stoves, Washers and Dryers.
• Office furniture and equipment (includes file cabinets)
• Glass or marble kitchen / dining tables
• Captains bed, loft bed or waterbed
• Headboards/footboards (we do accept metal frames)
• Trundle Frames (due to recalls/safety regulations)
• Bunk Bed Frames (due to recalls/safety regulations)
• Large Desks
• Buffet or china cabinet
• Entertainment Centers
• Adult/Children's books (donate to your local library)
• VCR tapes/DVDs
• Used toys of any kind(includes stuffed animals)
• Medical Equipment
• Gas powered tools or equipment
• Exercise equipment
• Holiday decorations
• Christmas trees
• Sports equipment of any kind
• Tube or Projection Televisions
• Baby Food
• Indoor children’s play sets
• Outdoor children’s furniture/play sets
• Medication of any kind
• Used personal care items of any kind
• Used cleaning supplies
• Air Conditioners
• Console/Projection Televisions
• VCR Players
• “Built-ins” of any kind
• Sewing machines
• Cups or glasses with business logos or commercial markings
• All window treatments
• Large Area carpets
Do We Not Accept the Item You Want to Donate?:
Check with our donation relations team member for additional resources that we may be able to supply. Call 630-971-0565, x222 for more information.
Together, We Furnish Hope.
5111 Chase Avenue, Downers Grove, IL 60515 - 630.971.0565 - Fax 630.971.9594